Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enchiladas

Sally O'Malley.  I'm 50! 

Halloween party was a success!  Heather did a fantastic job hosting.  Her It's Pat costume was spot on.  I didn't even recognize her when I walked in the door.

I made enchiladas tonight...also Heather's recipe...not mine!   Enchiladas with spanish rice to be exact.  This is the second time I've made these.  Even better than the first time.  They're simply the best.  Jake loves them.  I'm glad I tend to be a good cook usually.  


Can we take a moment to applaud the rotisserie chicken?  DELISH!  Simple...cheap...it can't get any better than the rotisserie chicken. 

Unfortunately...picture is blurry   However, 2 cans of Cream of Chicken, 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom, a regular size container of sour cream, flour tortillas, mexican styled cheese, and of course....the infamous rotisserie chicken!  
Mix the soups and sour cream together.  Then spread bottom layer in a rectangle dish of your choice.  Put some more of the sauce inside the tortillas.  Add chicken and cheese, roll and set into the dish.



Add some more sauce on the top, cover with the rest of the cheese.  I baked mine at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  The nice thing about this is you can actually cut it into squares and serve it as a casserole.     

I've been listening to Radiohead tonight.  I'm nice and mellowed out now.  Ha!  I've had a long day.  I woke up around 7 and took 3 Ibuprofen for my pounding headache.  I woke up again around 9:30 and finally managed to roll out of bed around 10:45. I never get lazy mornings anymore...it was nice being teenagerish again for a day. Jake took me to the mall so I could smell a whole bunch of perfumes.  I told him all I really wanted for Christmas was a nice perfume since I haven't gotten a new one in a long time.  I came to the conclusion that the original Poppy by Coach is my favorite...imagine that!  I tried them all and it was the best.  I can't wait until Christmas...have I mentioned that yet?

OH, and we went to Best Buy...and I found the perfect laptop!  I am a huge Samsung fan-girl..and they have outdone themselves.  I feel like I need the Ultrabook touchscreen.  It depresses me I don't have the money right now.   I would love to go to Best Buy and play with it every day.  Cheerio!!



I can't wait to have this.







No comments:

Post a Comment