Friday, October 26, 2012

Lift your head princess, if not the crown falls.

I don't remember what exactly brought it up, but I was discussing my car accident with Jake today.  Oh yes, we were talking about how low our chances of survival would be if we wrecked the Solstice.  Anyways, my accident really is a part of who I am.  This may seem sort of depressing or morbid but since it is a part of who I am,  I really wanted to write about it.

Buying impractical sports cars is in my genetics.  I have a convertible, my mom is currently sporting a 2011 lime green Chevy Camaro, my uncle has a Crossfire.  Before the Camaro, my parents had a Mustang GT, Corvette, and Saturn Sky...all within the past 5 years.  It is a hobby to sell and buy new sports cars.  

The late winter of 1993 was no different.  My mom was sporting this number:   (My mom, like me, enjoys girly colored cars). 


A couple days before my accident, my dad wrecked this car.  It was a minor accident, no one was hurt.  The car had to get taken to the shop for a few days to get fixed.  For this reason, my mom and I just happened to be driving my grandpas big, steel boat car, and it probably saved our lives.  If we would have been in the camaro we would probably be dead today.  If my dad didn't have a fender bender, I probably wouldn't have survived.  Everything happens for a reason.  

I will never forget that day.  I remember the conversation we were having before it happened to a T.  It's weird the stuff that sticks with you.  I could go through the entire story, but I'm a private person so I don't share it with everyone.  I did have plastic surgery on my head twice however to make my scar less noticeable.  



Shortly Afterwards


After 1st Surgery

After 2nd Surgery
ta da!  Barely noticeable today.  Normally it takes people knowing me a few months before they notice it, or at least work up the courage to ask about it.  I'm not afraid to talk about it if people would just ask.  

Anyways, onto more joyful things!  I've been working on the teller line a lot since I am training one of the new tellers.  I have lost 6 pounds within the last two weeks!  All I have done is totally cut out drinking soda and stopped eating out for lunch.  Plus I've been standing at work instead of sitting all day.  

Yesterday was great because I quoted The Big Lebowski and Twister all day with my male coworker friend.  Today was great because I talked Christmas and now I'm SUPER excited about it.  I love Christmas!  Halloween is cool too...but I'm definitely ready for the Christmas season.  Jake made us hot chocolate tonight and we are watching Home Alone...haha.  We went to Menards!  I love Menards around Christmas time.  I want to do white lights this year instead of colored.  I can't wait to have a kid someday and take it on the Polar Express ride.

My best friend Ashley is moving into her house soon!  It's hard to believe.  I'm off Tuesday next week and I'm going to go over there.  

I randomly decided to paint the knife block the other day and put some birds on it.  I still need to sand it down, but this is the start: 




No comments:

Post a Comment